Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!! Dry baked potato on NYE and a return to sugar-free clear liquids on NY Day, not exactly what I had in mind, but I guess it's one for the record books. (Didn't feel quite as bad until I heard the guy next door talking about the pizza that he had delivered to his room last night, so unless you also had a plain baked potato, I don't wish to hear about your NYE treats :)
To no surprise, we won't have any pathology results until the beginning of the week so looks like I'll be here for several more days. It's hard to argue with the doctor about having to stay when she walks in a says, this could be GVHD and GVHD can kill you. So I guess I'll sit and wait. I really don't feel too bad. No fevers, stomach aches seem to be a little better. They have me on steroids, gut rest and are starting to change my anti-rejection meds.
The “excitement” so far has been that it's ridiculously cold in Omaha and my room didn't have heat. Wouldn't you know! (or as my grandmother would say, “That's a fine how do you do.”) Since the unit was full, I had a chilly night and then this morning they decided to move me to COOP so I get to stay with Mom in a heated room! Right now I'm sitting in the sunshine and it feels great. I don't really know much else but will try to send an update now and then. Hope you're all doing well and that the Chiefs play well tomorrow – will give me something to smile about.

The Lord is good unto them that wait for him. But they that wait upon the lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17