Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Contentment and peace

Sorry for the delay in the update this week but I just couldn’t think of what to say yesterday. For the first time during this whole ordeal, I had a day of uncertainty. I didn’t like it. The feeling of peace through all of this has been so consistent and such a blessing for me and the inkling of that slipping was disturbing. I really can’t put into words what I was feeling, but I’m glad that it’s gone today. I still have no doubts that God is carrying me through all of this, that He has a plan, that He will give wisdom to Dr Vose and that it will all be for His glory.
Here’s the down and dirty as far as actual “health” stuff. I’m feeling better and stronger each day. It is definitely a slow crawl up the hill, but I can see progress! (This morning I could actually see my ankle bones – didn’t last long but at least I know they’re still there :) My appetite is good and I’m tolerating a few more foods. My electrolytes looked better this week but not perfect, but my white blood cells and platelets fell again this week. That was alarming to Dr. Vose so she stopped my anti-rejection medicine. So, as of today, other than the steroids that they’re continuing to taper, I’m not officially on anything to stop GVHD. This is where I really need your prayers – please pray that I can continue to have peace about this decision, that my blood counts will improve and that the GVHD will not come back! God is good and I know that He is in control of this one.
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17