Friday, January 21, 2011

One year ago today

It's hard to believe that it's been a year since my life started to spin out of control and this crazy journey began. As you'll remember, symptoms started long before, but it was one year ago today that my spleen was removed allowing the doctors to finally make the diagnosis of hepatosplenic t-cell lymphoma. So much has changed since then, it doesn't even seem possible. I miss not being able to do what I want to do, when I want to do it, having the energy to “go” 7 days a week, not having to worry about what I touched and who touched it before me, being able to fully serve the patients I've grown to love. But through it all, the support, love and concern from all of you has been beyond words. There's so much for which to be thankful: my greater appreciation for family and friends, my renewed amazement at the power of prayer, my ability to accept help and share struggles, being able to wake up each morning content and grateful for another day, a renewed appreciation for what's important and what's really not, and a strengthened faith and trust in God's ultimate plan. I still believe that God has a plan for my future and that plan involves me getting back on all the fields I love – full time. Just not sure what will happen between now and then.
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17