Wednesday, January 19, 2011

For every action…

Yesterday Dad and I headed back to Omaha for my recheck with Dr. Vose. The GVHD continues to improve which is a huge blessing and they’ve said that I can slowly start to increase the variety in my diet as long as it’s tolerated. I’m pretty gun-shy so I’m sure it will take me a while to stray outside the box – even though pizza and Mexican are sounding REALLY good. Overall, the visit went well, but unfortunately you can’t expect to take a bunch of powerful drugs and not expect some side effects, and my labs are reflecting that. My platelets are down, white count is falling, liver is angry and triglycerides are running away with the farm. Dr Vose would love to be able to stop the steroids, the new anti-rejection meds…, but that’s not an option so we’re going to have to deal with the side effects, watch closely and wean as quickly and responsibly as tolerated. Probably the best news of the day is that they feel comfortable monitoring me from KC for a while so as long as things go well, I shouldn’t have to go back to Omaha until February! Praise God! I’ll try to send updates every few days, if you don’t hear, that’s a good thing – means that I’m still getting stronger, bit by bit!
"Fear not, for I am with you, be not dsmayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." ~Isaiah 41:10
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17