Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 3 at home

Wasn't really sure what to expect this weekend as progress was slow to non-existent last week, but I feel like I'm starting to turn a bit of a corner. I seem to be tolerating the slightly increased diet and the calories are definitely appreciated! (To give you an idea of the “diet” I'm currently on, if it's not white, refined, or fluid, I probably can't have it. Nothing with whole grain or fiber, no sugar, no vegetables to speak of, no fat – super exciting). Still waiting to lose the swelling I picked up while in the hospital and impatiently looking for a return of strength. As a good friend reminded me, sometimes God chooses to use doctors and others to help us out and sometimes He just wants to do it His own way in His own time. This is one of those times. I know that my doctors would do anything to speed this process up, but there's really nothing more they can do except watch and wait. Weather permitting, I'll head back to Omaha on Tuesday (hopefully just for the day this time!)
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17