Friday, January 7, 2011

Homeward Bound!

They gave me the ok to head home this weekend which is a huge answered prayer. At this point they feel my condition is stable. It's a lot of watching and waiting so there's really not too much they can do for me up here. (Plus I doubt that insurance is going to pay for me to stay here when I don't even have an IV). I wish I could say that after 10 days in the hospital I was feeling better and rested but the honest truth is that I'm very tired. Yesterday I went to mass and could hardly stand before the presence of the Lord. I'm sure the fatigue is a combination of not eating, steroids, and a gut that doesn't know how to absorb calories. They tell me that it's normal and I'm hopeful that all of these things will start to turn around quickly. They'll be keeping close tabs on my progress as I drive back and forth to Omaha a couple times a week for a while.
Will be a quiet, restful weekend for me but am looking forward to seeing everyone again in the very near future! I have a lot of outstanding “lunch dates” that I intend to keep – even if they have to be delayed yet again.

The Lord is good unto them that wait for him. But they that wait upon the lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17