Wednesday, January 12, 2011

GVHD update

Well I'm back on the road, headed home from my latest trip to Omaha. Praise God the sun has been shining and the highways are clear. The visit was rather uneventful but optimistic that things are moving in the right direction. Some of my electrolytes are still a little off, definitely low on albumin which isn't helping the cankle problem, and the official pathology report showed not only GVHD but also a return of CMV. Despite still needing to regain a lot of strength, I feel that God has been healing the GVHD in my gut and have a peace about the direction in which I'm headed. For now we're going to proceed slowly, tapering steroids every 5-7 days, keeping a limited diet, allowing activities as tolerated and carefully monitoring symptoms. As long as there are no set-backs, I shouldn't have to return to Omaha until next week – Yea!
As always, thanks for your prayers and warm thoughts – more valuable than you know!
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17