Thursday, December 30, 2010

Another curve in the road

I found out yesterday that I will be spending NYE in a beeeutiful, breezy ivory gown with blue trim and a slit all the way up the back. Or if I'm really feeling wild, I can have the split going up the front – that's the beauty of the hospital gown. Things continued to go down hill and by Monday night/Tuesday morning I was feeling pretty bad. Called Neb and they wanted me seen as soon as possible so Mom, Dad and I jumped in the car and headed to Omaha yesterday. Once I got here and they realized I had lost over 10% of my body weight (a wimpy one to begin with), they broke the news that I needed to be admitted, will have bowel rest and get scoped this afternoon. Yippee. The final results from my upper scope came in yesterday and they said after looking at all the slides and stains, they felt it was GVHD and started me on steroids last night. All the cultures have come back negative which is a surprising yet good thing. This is definitely not what I would have liked for the holidays, but if it gets me feeling better, I'll take it. I so look forward to the day where I have the energy to take a walk, have a game night with friends or just do my laundry. Last night, I woke up with “Blessed by Your Name” playing in my head – I let the lyrics roll as I tried to go back to sleep and this is what I heard, “You give and take away, You give and take away, my heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name” and that is what I'm going to do. I'm going to choose to trust in wisdom greater than my own and force myself to believe that my desires to play ultimate and go out with friends pale in comparison to the eternal plan.
May you all be blessed this day.
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17