Monday, December 6, 2010

God's promise

Sorry I didn't send an update last week. I had one ready to send on Thursday evening, but haven't had internet access for a few days so … Since I last posted, things have gone well. Energy has been good, the swelling in my legs has been stable (initially it went down significantly after changing medicines but that has slowed a little bit), no more swelling in my face, and despite traveling over the holidays, I've stayed “cold-free”! I'll draw labs again tomorrow and I'm confident that those will continue to improve. At work, our office is moving down the street, so I've been forced to go through my desk and all that I've managed to collect over the past 10 years. I really don't like moving so it's been a long week. But, in the process I ran across a couple of sayings that I had saved at some point along the way and thought I'd share. The words seem particularly relevant for me and they must be important if I've saved it for all these years, right?!! :)
God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, or sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17