Thursday, December 16, 2010

"Day" 6 months!

Well, the 6 month anniversary of my transplant has come and gone. To be honest, I'm glad that I've already completed 6 months of recovery, but I'm no where close to where I had hoped I'd be 6 months out. Most of my days are “ok” but very few are “good”, still waiting on the energy and desire to get back into exercising and regaining strength. We traveled to Omaha today (got home just as the freezing rain was starting to fall – praise God). Since changing meds before Thanksgiving my numbers have continued to slowly improve and the swelling is virtually gone so Dr. Vose was happy about that. I have a couple symptoms that could be due to a virus or GVHD so we're going to watch those for a few days. If I'm feeling well next week I'll probably get to stop my anti-rejection med – yea! So much to be thankful for, I need to focus on those.
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17