Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 9, 2 stars

Yesterday was an OK day, nothing much exciting, labs held about the same. But today, I can tell that things are bottoming out. I have a pretty sore throat and not much energy. The doctors had been predicting delayed side effects from the chemo (around day 7-10) so they're right on time - imagine that! My lab counts dropped quite a bit today - WBC's 0.7. Platelets are also dropping but not anything that needs a transfusion (I've lived and played with lower :) So, I need to be extra careful for the next few days while we wait for Keith's stem cells to take off (engraphment). They say that the side effects all get better as soon as the stem cells start growing so I'm praying that those little cells are ready to work and not planning on waiting until day 28!!!
"For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, s that you will not stride your foot against a stone." ~ Pslam 91: 11-12
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17