Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day +1

Opening day jitters are out of the way and I'm feeling a little better today! (could actually eat cake today) Yesterday afternoon I didn't feel the best which they blamed on the preservative that comes with the stem cells. I presume that they have to add a set amount of preservative to each bag of cells so yet another reason to be grateful for Keith's stellar donation all at once! I don't really know what to expect over the next few weeks, probably more ups and downs. My WBC's still haven't hit the bottom which I was surprised about but the doctor said it was a good thing - fewer days in the cellar waiting for the new cells to take over. (and hopefully fewer days to run fevers!) I think they expect me to hit bottom on Thursday and then 1-2 weeks beyond that before we will see the beginnings of my new immune system. I'll keep you posted on what God has planned and thinks about that!
"Let them know that you, whose name is the Lord - that you alone are the Most High over all the earth." ~ Psalm 83:18
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17