Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Back to Omaha Day -6

It's Tuesday morning, and after a great week, I'm on my way back to Omaha. (not really wanting to go). Doesn't seem possible that I won't be coming home until Fall. So much will happen between now and then- lots of growing, lots of learning, lots of trusting and hopefully lots of healing! Many of you have asked if I'm afraid or anxious about what's to come and I really don't know. I guess the unknown always brings with it a degree of uncertainty and fear, but I can't let that be the feeling that rules my thoughts. I must trust that the plan set in motion long before I was born will continue to its perfect completion, and that God will meet my needs (whatever those may be) along the way. I'm optimistic and strangely confident that in time, everything will turn out well. It's all so much bigger than me, but it will turn out well- good will come out of this, beauty for ashes.
The countdown is on, tomorrow I'll start my final round of chemo – day 1 of 4. The goal of this round is to destroy my bone marrow so that Keith's stem cells can come in and rock the house. I hope all those little guys are ready for game day because there are no trial runs or pre-season when it comes to stem cell transplants. And we're headed straight to the championship. Transplant day (maybe I should call it “opening day”) is Monday.
“Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” ~ Phil. 1:6
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17