Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The countdown moves on: Day - 5

I'm almost done with the first day of chemo. It's a little more intense than what I've received in the past. Just 2 drugs this time but one of them I receive every 6 hours and it runs for 2 hours each time. The other one I only get once a day, I think. In any case, not really catching up on sleep since the nurses have to be in and out a lot. I'm still feeling pretty well today - stomach is trying to hold tight. They're giving me a lot of drugs to try and prevent side effects, but I'm nervous that they're going to make me feel loopy. Guess we'll wait and see. Neb Med is pretty relaxed when it comes to letting me take walks. As long as the chemo isn't running and I wear a mask and gloves, they'll let me leave the floor. Today we found a pretty garden and sat outside for a while - so good to feel the sun!
I'll try to write more tomorrow. Praying that I continue to feel well and that the fevers stay away!
PS- my room is the coolest on the floor - decorated with a great signature poster and a prayer chain from St Agnes gradeschool (that I'm using as a countdown chain)!
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17