Friday, June 18, 2010

Day + 4, 4-star

Free at Last, Free at Last, Thank God I'm Free at Last!!!
(before I explain, keep in mind that I'm locked in a hospital so "freedom" has become a bit skewed) At 3:18pm on June 18th they disconnected my IV! No more dragging along my little friend, no more tripping on my way to the bathroom, no more incessant ticking! (worse than the crocodile in Peter Pan). Typically they leave you on IV anti-rejection meds for another week, but they seemed to feel comfortable switching me to pills today so praise God, no questions asked. Shouldn't have to go back on the IV unless I get sick and start to dehydrate. But, I don't foresee that happening :) Today has been a good day - feel good, good appetite, decent energy, 4* day. My white counts are still in the 2's, expected to hit 0 in the next few days. Yesterday we moved to the COOP unit and so far so good. Mom is figuring out her "nurse" role very well, just don't ask her to count respirations. The room feels much more "homey," carpeting, 2 rooms, couch, mini-fridge, big windows, quiet - don't you all want to vacation in Omaha at UNMC?!!!
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17