Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

After 261 hours in the hospital, I feel so blessed to have been discharged in time for the holiday weekend. Though a long way from back to normal, I'm feeling better and stronger each day. No fevers for 4 days which is in and of itself a great accomplishment! Keith, Lisa and the kids came in for the weekend which was an effective motivation to get moving and I'm hoping to get back to work on Monday even though it probably will be a little reduced workload as I attempt to get caught up after missing 2 ½ weeks. Thank you to everyone who has followed along with my most recent journey and for all the prayers. I will try to give periodic updates on my recovery. For now, I'll spend the next 2 weeks regaining strength and will follow-up with the pulmonologist in 2 weeks.
During Lent, we try to pursue a deeper relationship with Christ and I can definitely say that the past 3 weeks forced me to do that. They have also been a good reminder of how as we draw closer to God, he draws closer to us. At the resurrection the angel tells us, “Do not be afraid.” - I'm not sure I can say I've achieved that state. As God continues to challenge me and pull me out of my comfort zone, I still find myself hesitating at the unknown of where the Spirit is leading. I pray that God will give me the grace to step into the new day, ready to face the next challenge.
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17