Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Monday update

Well, things aren't going the best so looks like I'm going to be back to fairly regular blogs (but hopefully not too long!). So I was feeling so much better and then last week things started going south again. Went to the doctor on Wednesday, diagnosed with pneumonia, started back on antibiotics. Followed up on Friday – I was still running fevers, but my doctor thought everything was trending in the right direction so I just stayed the course. I had a pretty crappy weekend, things kind of stopped improving and I was still running fevers on Sunday so my doctor said I needed to go to the hospital. She tried to put me at Menorah (where I could just be directly admitted), but they refused to take me due to the complexity of my life, so I had to go to a different hospital and enter through the Emergency Room. Oh my gosh – thank God I don't have to do that too often! ER's are so gross. First impressions were some young guys peeing in the parking lot and when I got in, their friend was puking in the ER. The waiting area was kind of dirty – they don't wipe anything down in the triage area between patients,. So, being the germ-freak that I am, I requested the nurse wipe everything down before I was triaged and then pleaded for anyplace to wait besides the waiting room! It took about 2-3 hours to get out of the waiting area and a total of 9 hours before I finally got to my room! Ridiculous. Thank God for a selfless friend who volunteered to sit with me in that suss pool – if she hadn't been there, I think I would have left which would not have been a good idea. I just know I'm going to pick up something worse than I already have from the ER. Anyway, that is over but, I'm a little tired today after only 4hours of sleep last night. Now that I'm in the hospital, it's very nice. Everyone is friendly and they seem to be creating a plan but doesn't look like it's going to be a fast process. I'll try to give at least a short update each day until I get discharged. As always, big thanks for everyone's prayers – that is truly the best gift you can give. As I've read all the uplifting notes and verses it brings such a peace and the tears that come with that sort of peace. I'll share just a few.
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us. ~Ephesians 3:20
For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous and his ears open to their prayers. ~1 Peter 3:12
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17