Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Entry 3 – read below to start at beginning!

Wednesday – another day in the hospital but today I really feel like I've turned the corner. My fever did not come back last night so I am past 48 hours of no fever! I talked with the pulmonologist this morning and she was optimistic. Still feels like everything I've experienced is bacterial in nature rather than GVHD or cancer... So now we are just waiting on the culture results to start coming back so that they can start weaning the IV antibiotics and start putting me back on oral antibiotics and then discuss sending me home! Waiting is so hard and I know that we all do it every day but despite all the practice, I never seem to get any better at it. I do, however, feel like I am able to wait in peace and not in a state of anxiety or worry so that is a true blessing. I heard someone ask one time whether we wait for God or with God and I think the answer is both. I definitely feel his presence with me as I wait for his perfect timing.
Post note – as you figured out, what I thought was a “God thing” yesterday turned out to be too good to be true. The transport guy thought he had me connected to the internet yesterday but I let him out of the room before I tried navigating to any other sites. It was only then that I realized I still wasn't connected. This is the first time I've had an extended stay in the hospital without access to the internet or way to update my blog and I'm finding it very difficult!
2 hours later: I just figured out that my computer will stay connected for about 20 seconds before it loses connection so if I work really fast I can get a blog posted. So I don't really have access, but I kind of do. If anyone out there is a computer guru and has any idea why my computer can't authenticate, let me know. The nurse assistant looked at it this morning and thought it looked my firewall was blocking the connection so she tried turning it off, but that obviously didn't work. Wonder if a virus could be causing this grief??
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17