Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Tuesday update

So you don't have to look hard in your life to find a “God thing” and I'm going to share just a couple before I continue with today's entry. Yesterday, my parents were in route from Cinci so weren't at the hospital until the evening but a good friend that works part time at this hospital got called in to work so she was able to pop in a couple times -bringing a smile and friendly face.
I had planned to post a blog yesterday but couldn't get my computer to log on to the wifi, well I don't know anything about technology and my nurses didn't know and you all know what the help desk folks at a hospital have to offer (and it's not computer assistance). So, I had resigned to the fact that I wouldn't have email or internet access during this hospital stay. This morning, the transport guy came to my room to take me for my CT and my mom asked if he knew of anyone in the hospital that might be able to help us. Turns out that what he's in school for so he had me connected in about 2 minutes.
OK, so now to the update. (what I would have posted Monday if I had had internet access is below so you might wish to read that first) Yesterday went ok. Spiked a fever of 103+ around lunch but haven't had one since. Slept pretty well all things considered. This morning my labs are improving (WBC dropping for those who care/know). Talked to pulmonology who recommended a CT of my lungs along with a bronchoscopy (tube into my lungs to look around and then culture the pneumonia to look for scary things) so I'll get both those things today. That's good because more info will hopefully speed my release but bad because I can't eat or drink until I have the bronch and that's not scheduled until 2. Ughh. I should have eaten more dinner or woken up early for breakfast! So that's what I know today. Will update again tomorrow!

He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. ~Psalm 107:20
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17