Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thursday update:

Clinically, things all seem to be on the up-and-up. Fevers have stayed away, labs are improving, lungs seem to be opening up. All the cultures remain negative and the biopsies are negative as well. My doctors have stopped 2 of the 3 IV antibiotics and plan to stop the 3rd one tomorrow. At that point they'll switch me to an oral antibiotic and as long as things continue to improve, they'll let me go home! I can't explain it, but it's a very strange feeling. As you can imagine, I'm definitely done with this 9x11 room but I just seem to feel uneasy today. I don't know if it's just exhaustion from being here all week or if it's my stomach saying that it's done with all the meds or if I'm anxious about what will happen when they stop the IV antibiotics. Probably a mix of all 3. I feel apprehensive and a little nervous about the thought of the pneumonia re-surging AGAIN. I don't think I can do another 6 days in the hospital if this doesn't work. In my head I know that I shouldn't worry and in my heart I know that I need to give this over to the one that always walks through the valleys with me, but I just can't seem to get over the hump today. I guess we all have days and this one seems to be mine. Please pray for my peace to return, the pneumonia to stay away, and for me to regain the strength necessary to return to work on Monday!
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~Isaiah 41:10
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17