Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 10

Last night was once again a test of my faith as my fever returned. What a frustrating struggle this has been. Some of the doctors think the fever was just a result of the bronchoscopy earlier in the day, others refuse to say. I think everyone is doubtful that the cultures yesterday are going to show anything so am not sure why they repeated the test. Oh well, I guess it's reassurance for them that they didn't miss something the first time. While no one else has been brave enough to name a cause for all the complications, the pulmonologist today said that he is ready to give it a name – BOOP - which can be a complication of lung disease and resembles bacterial pneumonia but is actually an inflammatory problem. (very, VERY simplified description) There are a couple parts of my journey that don't really fit the picture so maybe I had pneumonia at the beginning and it has transitioned? Who knows. The bottom line is that the treatment for BOOP is steroids so they're going to start those today, stop the antibiotics and see what happens. If I don't respike a high fever, I should be going home tomorrow – praise God. A friend once said that we give thanks for the things we know as well as the things we don't know. For, it's the things we don't know that builds our faith, trusting that God's in control and taking care of those aspects of our lives. It's nice to have a plan, I know that there's always “the” plan, but I like it when my life has a plan. So, today I am trying to find peace in the fact that there's a plan and pray that it's the right plan!
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” ~Jeremiah 29:11
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17