Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 7 in the hospital

When this all started, I would never have guessed that I would still be in the hospital after 7 days, and I really wouldn't have guessed that after 7 days, we'd be no closer to a resolution. I'm being followed by the hospitalist, pulmonology and infectious disease and no one seems to know what's causing the fevers to continue. All the cultures remain negative. My chest Xray had shown improvement last week but they're going to repeat it today to see if things have changed. They have a test to check for fungal infections pending, results from that should be back Tuesday. If they still can't figure out what's going on, I'll probably have to repeat the CT scan of my chest and maybe go back for another bronchoscopy. I'm hoping to avoid the bronch because this time they would take a biopsy of the tissue and to be honest, I don't have any extra lung tissue to spare. Honestly, I don't care if they figure out the cause, I don't need a specific answer, I just want to be better. I'll take a miracle any time. As you all know, I am not a fan of hospitals and I've had enough of this one. I'm really ready to go home. Please pray for my mental strength while I wait, for wisdom for the physicians and for resolution of whatever is going on. I really appreciate everyone's support!

"The Lord s my light and my salvation; whom should I fear? The Lord is my life's refuge; of whom should I be afraid?...Though war be waged upon me, even then will I trust. I believe that I shall see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord with courage; be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord." ~Psalm 27
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17