Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tuesday, Bronch-day

Today was a bit of a repeat of last Tuesday – got a bronchoscopy to culture my lungs so now I will wait until the cultures come back – probably 48-72 hours. I had hoped to send a blog before I went down for the procedure, but they surprised me with a 9:00 timeslot instead of the 2:30ish slot that I had last time. That is a very good thing since spending all day not being able to eat or drink is not fun. They really should have let the resident know that I was going early because when she came in at 7 this morning she told me it would probably be after lunch- needless to say, I wasn't super pleased by that news and probably let her know. Anyway, procedure went smoothly, they must have given me extra anesthesia because I slept until after lunch. Other than that, nothing new. Temperatures have fluctuated in the 98-99 range today so I pray that they don't go any higher. I seem to have a little more of an appetite (which makes mom happy). Labs are all normalizing. Mentally a better day as well. Wish I had more news, maybe tomorrow.
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.” ~Isaiah 43:2

 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17