Monday, May 5, 2014

update

Quick update – everything is going well. I am feeling better and stronger every day. I haven't had a fever since leaving the hospital, and my breathing continues in the direction of “normal”. I lost a lot of muscle and weight while in the hospital and unfortunately, regaining that has not been as quick or easy. But, nothing I haven't faced before. I had my first follow-up with the pulmonologist on Friday. The repeat xray showed signs of improvement, my oxygen saturation was back to normal and she felt like my lungs sounded better. Presuming that COP is what I had/have, I am recovering faster than some which means I'm able to start tapering off the steroids. Unfortunately that taper will take at least 2 months. So, as I work to climb back up the hill I am grateful for the sunny days and nice weather. Taking walks outside is definitely preferable to walking on a treadmill in the gym.

“the Lord is with me; I will not be afraid...The Lord is with me; he is my helper...It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.” ~ Psalm 118: 6-8
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17