Friday, September 17, 2010

5 more days...

Doesn't seem possible that this is the last weekend that I'll be in Omaha! I'm definitely ready to be home, just hope that I have the energy to do all the things that I've been missing for the past 4 months. Rationally, I know that's not too realistic, but still won't stop me from hoping and trying. :)
I pray that we make a strong push to the finish. Dad has come down with a cold which obviously isn't good and has risen to the top of my prayer list. It has really made me realize how blessed we've been - until now, no one has gotten sick, and I don't think anyone has been sick since I started chemo in Feb. It's no secret that God has kept me safe for a long time (even while working with little germ monsters for a year without a fully functioning immune system) - I'm sure that He will continue to do the same.
"I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." ~Psalm 121: 1-2
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17