Wednesday, July 28, 2010

a sad loss

It's day 44 and I am feeling pretty good, not gaining any weight back but can definitely feel my strength starting to return. My doctor's appt yesterday was uneventful as they still seemed very pleased with my progress. They've started decreasing the dose of 1 of my anti-rejection meds which I see as a good sign! The tastebuds are starting to return and my hands and feet hardly ever burn. They warned me that the skin would probably peel and they were right - almost all of my hands have peeled (not a big deal), but last night my feet started peeling and I've now lost all the very precious calluses that took years of basketball, ultimate frisbee and softball to develop. For the athletes out there, I'm sure you can understand my sadness at the loss. I guess if that is the worst part of my week, I'll survive :) God bless you all!
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~ Psalm 139:14
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17