Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 37 - Rejoice?

Status quo around here - each day things tend to get a little better, a few backslides now and then but nothing I haven't been through before, and nothing I won't overcome again! I truly believe that God's grace has enabled me to accept this chapter of my life - I am far from understanding it but am ok with the fact that I don't know God's "big picture". I'm only looking at 1 piece of the puzzle (and probably the back of the piece) while God sees the finished product. Trying to figure out His plan and reasons would be a futile and frustrating exercise. But what I wonder is to what degree I've truly accepted God's plan. The bible talks about rejoicing in our adversity and I'm quite certain that I haven't been rejoicing over the past 6 months. I'm not fighting His will or bitter, but I think there's a big difference between accepting and being grateful. I'm not sure that I could ever honestly get to that point. Over the next 63 days I pray that I can look at where I've been and be able to say, "this is God's will, He is faithful and sovereign, and I am better for it;" to rejoice in knowing that God is active in my life - pruning me so that I can be a more productive part of His kingdom. Putting aside my desires for truly important desires that will count for eternity - all to His glory.
"Consider it pure joy my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." ~James 1:2-4
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17