Friday, July 2, 2010

The days keep adding up, I MUST be close!

25 days since admission, 18 days since transplant, 10 days since engraphment, 9 days of fever, 7 days of vomiting, 7 days of not being able to eat, 10 days of severe mucositis (the skin of my entire GI tract has sloughed off). Sorry for the ugliness of this picture, but now you know why Mom's been blogging for me the past several days. And why this will go down as one of the hardest parts of my cancer treatment so far. I actually am starting to feel better today, but still can't eat so they had to start me on TPN/Lipids - nutrition through an IV. Not an ideal situation, but hopefully it will give my body the boost it needs and then we can stop it! They've also put me on a steroid to try and calm down all the inflammation. The good news is that they have no doubt that the transplant has taken and those numbers are looking great. If it wasn't for these crazy side effects, we'd be back to the apt already!
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17