Monday, July 26, 2010

40% there!!

Today is day 42, hard to believe that it's been 6 weeks since I received my transplant. Most of the days have blended together which is probably a blessing, I'm afraid that the next 8 weeks might not go as quickly now that I'm feeling better and wishing that I could go home. I pray that I'm able to just accept the situation, relax, and enjoy the fact that I don't have to "do" anything except regain my strength. (not an easy task for me as many of you know!) Not many opportunities in our adult lives to just sit back, reflect and deepen our relationship and faith in our Lord. I pray that I am smart enough and disciplined enough to do just that.
This weekend was good - each day continues to be better than the previous. We walked across the Missouri on Saturday (not as far as I had thought) and later that evening I was able to catch up with good friends from KC. Tomorrow it's back to the clinic for more labs and to get results from last week's - I picked up CMV (a virus) while in the hospital s they've been treating me and watching it closely. Hopefully numbers are going down so that I can get off the medicine!
"But it is good for me to draw near to God. I have made the sovereign Lord my refuge." ~Psalm 73:28
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17