Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 25

I guess it would be an understatement to say that things haven't gone as I had imagined the past 2 weeks and I'm starting to feel myself wearing down. Each day is slowly getting better, but struggles continue with being able to eat and take my medicine. Since everyone seems surprised that my recovery is so delayed, yesterday they decided to do an upper GI to rule out Graft vs Host (GVH), ulcers... Visually they said that I have gastritis but we won't know the result of the biopsies until tomorrow. I'm still on TPN but am hoping that we can stop it this weekend. Two days ago I decided that I needed a little excitement so ran 104 fever again. Good times, thankfully it lasted less than 24hours. And the newest crazy thing to happen is that I've developed blisters on my palms and very tender hands and feet. Feels like I walked on a really hot pool deck and wasn't smart enough to find the shade. No one knows the cause for this either so must be the stem cells ;)
“Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me.” ~Psalm 51:12
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17