Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 27 - see the light???

Well it's Day 27 and I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel - hallelujah!!! My feet still feel like someone took a potato peeler to them and like I touched an iron with my hands, but I'm able to eat and take the 100 pills they give me each day and no fevers! They still don't know the final biopsy results but seem confident that it's not GVH. They're blaming everything on delayed side effects from the chemo - that's a silver lining since all those side effects should go away, eventually. All my lab work remains very good so all seems well with the transplant! Since I'm off the IV meds and able to eat, I should get discharged from the hospital tomorrow or Tuesday - yea!! It will be sooo nice to be at the apartment, 34 days is a long time to be at the med ctr!
Thanks for everyone's prayers, words of encouragement and nice letters - I couldn't do it without you! I got a card the other day with this quote - not scripture, but feels very appropriate for my current state (maybe this is why my feet feel burned :)
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17