Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 34

Happy Sunday to everyone! It's a nice cool morning in Omaha. I took a walk with Mom and Dad this morning and wow, it's amazing how much stamina and muscle you lose after basically not doing anything for 3 weeks and not being able to walk for 2. Very sad! You always hear that if you're in shape once, it's easier to get there again so I'm planning on that! I think my feet are pretty much healed up and my hands are better except a few fingers on my right hand - praise God. Still waiting on the stomach and mouth. Without a doubt, these side effects and setbacks have been challenging, but I know that God will use all things for good and somehow this is going to be glorifying! I got a letter from my Compassion kid, Jhonny, and for a 13y/o in Bolivia I thought this was a very interesting comment. He said, "God is going to do something wonderful to heal you always...God is going to heal you, don't worry; He is slow but guaranteed." The "guaranteed" part is much easier to think about than the "slow," but I will be patient - all in His good and perfect time.
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17