Friday, February 19, 2010

Not quite home...

Quick update, I went to the doctor today and learned that the chemo is "working"- my WBC's have dropped to 0.6 which means I need to start being a little more careful: avoid crowds, special diet... I figured I'd be safe in church but he specifically said "no" to that one :( He guessed that my numbers would continue to drop for several more days before they started to rebound and predicted that I'd need a platelet transfusion early next week. (Didn't tell him that I was playing flag football and volleyball last fall with platelet counts much lower than where they are now). Anyway, I feel good and if it wasn't for the labwork, would have been none the wiser. I still hope to be in my own bed before the end of the weekend! Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.
The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still. -Exodus 14:14
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17