Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 15 - What the heck, 9.3!!

Hallelujah, praise God. I've been feeling really good the last 2 days, no fevers and nothing grew on the cultures from Monday so I'm done with IV antibiotics! This morning I drew labs and my WBC's were over 10x higher than 2 days ago!! (from 0.6 to 9.3). I asked the nurses if this was a normal jump from the bone marrow and they didn't really answer the question but through their obvious surprise said that it was probably due to a bone marrow booster that I received last week. Personally, I'm going to call it miraculous, they can call it whatever they want. I know who's truly the "Great Physician" and who will see me through this dark valley. (and you don't have to wait 4 hours for his appointments, but that's another discussion for another day - and more prayers for patience :)
I'm presuming that since my bone marrow has rallied so well that they'll keep me on track and start the next round of chemo at the end of next week, but I won't know that for sure until Monday when I see the doctor. Until then, I plan to enjoy the weekend, free of "neutropenic restrictions"! I think a little country dancing is probably in order! ;)
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. ~ Psalm 100: 5
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17