Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 13 - More Drama

Good news: I was able to get a lot of sleep yesterday, my fevers seem to have subsided and I'm feeling better today than I have in a couple days. My WBC count remains very low, so I'm still at very high risk for infection, but that also means the chemo is doing what they want it to. My platelets finally fell below the 10,000 threshold so I got a platelet transfusion today. I spent over 4 hours in the clinic (but at least I didn't have to go to the hospital so we'll include it under "good news")
Not so good news: my arm has been achey ever since they put the PICC line in, but figured that was just par for the course, yesterday got a little worse so today we did an ultrasound of my arm. They found a clot in my arm pit so the PICC line had to be pulled. I've opted to just leave it out until the next round of chemo and between now and then will go back to normal blood draws... Hopefully the next one will be better.
Thanks for everyone's continued prayers and support, please be praying that we find the perfect stem cell match - should hear within the next week.
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17