Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 1

Glad to say tha we made it safely to Omaha (and were only 8 min late to the 9am appt :) They placed a PICC line which will provide "long" term IV access so that I don't have to continually get stuck for labs and have an IV in my hand. Unfortunately, that's all that has happened so far. (Gotta love the efficiency of the medical system- again, learning to wait on God's good and perfect timing!). I'll start my first round of chemo at 8pm and it will run until about 9am. I'll let you know tomorrow how the Stomach of Steel tolerates the first test. Spirits are hanging tight!
"So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 40:10

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you Janna and saying many prayers!
    love, sarah leimer

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Steph was in the hospital with the boys, they put a PICC line in except they messed it up. They took an hour to get it done, and in the middle of it shoved a release form in her face and said they wouldn't go any further until she signed it, releasing them from any fault. They clipped the tip of her left lung which colapsed and they almost killed her. I guess the point of that story is that you are on the right road already! Thumbs up, we are standing with you in prayer!

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you right now Janna. My prayers are with you and I am praying for everyone that comes in contact with you right now... the Drs,nurse, CNAs, cafeteria workers, etc...My prayer is that everyone will use their knowledge to best serve you and that everyone that comes in contact with you will impact you in some(even small) positive way.:)

    Nicole Cromer Ratliff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janna, we are praying for you to continue having strength and faith. I'm sorry for not checking in sooner... I just found out yesterday, so you have been on my mind nonstop. Know that God and his angels are with you in every step of your battle. - Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janna,

    You are an inspiration! Carrie, Jean & I are praying for you every night!

    In His Divine Love,
    Brook

    ReplyDelete
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17