Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 50 and things are looking up!!!

Not only is today Day 50 (1/2 way done!!!) but I just got back from the doctor and all my labs have gone up! It's the little things (like not having to sit in the clinic for 4 hours getting potassium) that can really make a difference up here. I'm sure that I didn't do anything to cause the change, but I'll continue to do whatever it is I did, praying every step of the way. Despite eating a lot of no-bake cookies (courtesy of Laura), I still haven't been able to regain much weight, but I'll worry about that next week. :) In the meantime, still working on keeping the positive outlook for the last half of my "vacation" in Omaha. I really believe that even when we can't feel it or even come close to carrying it out, God knows our good intentions and rewards us for those. Kind of like the verse where God tells us that even when we don't have the words, he hears our prayers. God is always ready to help, but we have to be willing to cooperate.
"but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." ~ Isaiah 40:31"
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17