Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 53, oops, where does time go?

I was gently reminded today by my friends at Village Peds that I hadn't updated in a while so figured I'd better get on it. To be honest, I hadn't realized that it's already been 3 days since my last update! Whereas in the hospital, I wouldn't update when I was too sick to type, now that I'm at the apt., the lack of correspondence is a good sign - I've been feeling good and the week has flown by. We got a little break in the heat so we've walked, shopped and done a little exploring of parks in Omaha. My feet are still a little tender and stomach's a little "off", but overall, I'm feeling better and stronger each day. (and every day is 1 day closer to 100!) The best news of the week is that for the first time since all this began, I had an apple for lunch, and I could taste it!!! (For those of you that know my "exciting" lunch habits, this is a big deal). My lab values continue to fluctuate but nothing critical or unexpected. Oh, and all signs of CMV are now gone from my body - guess that was pretty good news for the week too :) God is good and his timing is perfect - that seems to be the theme of this journey for me.
"He will not let your foot slip - he who watches over you will not slumber."
~ Psalm 121:3
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17