Monday, April 26, 2010

"Get on the Line"!! - Round 4, Day 1

After a weekend of rest and hanging out with friends, my blood counts looked better this morning - good enough to start the 4th and FINAL round! I should be excited, but as I sit in the hospital, I'm feeling more nauseous than excited. In my heart, I know that I have to start if I ever hope to finish, but that doesn't make the path any easier. I've decided that it's like the end of a grueling 3 hour basketball practice and all you have left are the stingers (suicides for you non-Hornets). All you really want to do is lay down or find a trash can, but you know that there's no way coach is letting you out of the gym without running. So that being said, I'm taking a deep breath and going to the line. Not only will I finish, I plan to be first. And I keep telling myself- this will prepare me for success.
"I trust in you O Lord; I say "you are my God." My times are in your hands."
~Psalm 31:14-15a
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17