Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 19 /3 AND Still Waiting...

Well, I'm still sitting on my non-existent immune system (0.1). I'm at the clinic again today and platelets are super low so I'm getting an infusion and then tomorrow I'll return for an infusion of red blood cells. (could have had that done today but decided that a 5hr appt was long enough, didn't need to sit here for 7!) Found out today that the strong antibiotics that I've been on could slow down the recovery of my immune system so maybe that's what's going on. In any case, chemo round 4 has been officially pushed back. Earliest I'd start at this point is Saturday but could be as long as a week. Frustration, frustration, frustration. I've decided that if I'm going to feel bad then let's keep the train moving and get on up to Nebraska for the big battle. Praying for strength!!
Got this verse from a dear friend today - how appropriate!
"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength." ~Isaiah 40: 28, 29
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17