Thursday, November 3, 2011

Still by my side

An update is well past due, but I still don't know what to blog. Since I last wrote, I honestly can't say that I've seen any obviously positive changes. In fact, I'm sure that I feel worse than I did 2 weeks ago. I'm coughing, I ache, my stomach is doing who knows what and sleep is less than restful. Would make sense to think this is a result of all the medications – another situation of having to feel worse before you feel better. Or, maybe the meds are working, my lungs are starting to heal and thus the cough etc is a sign of “return to function”. Or maybe I've picked up some sort of infection. Or maybe it's a combination of all of the above. I don't know and it's too exhausting to try and figure it out. I just keep telling myself that tomorrow is a new day and God is in control. I don't need to understand, my call is to trust and persevere. Christ will remain my “refuge and strength” as I face each day. (grateful for each and every one!) And who knows, maybe tomorrow will be the day when it all turns around – for He is faithful, and I'll be sure to let you know.

"In my distress I cry to the Lord, that he may answer me. For we are powerless against this great multitude that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon thee.” ~Psalm 119:1
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17