Thursday, October 20, 2011

Calm in the storm

Nothing like a visit with Dr. Vose to make serious things feel much less severe. After 20 months, I still haven't figured out if she really believes that things aren't as serious as they appear or if she just puts on the calm face knowing that worry and stress never help the situation. I guess when you're one of the best in the world, you've seen just about everything. Regardless, I always leave the appointments feeling like she's in control and knows exactly what needs to be done. She said that they still don't have the pathology reports back from my bronchoscopy but that it appeared the reaction was caught early. With time, she's optimistic that the damage can be reversed “maybe not 100% but pretty good” (but we all know that God is stronger than the steroids or the damage so I'll hold my breath for great!). For now, I'm back to weekly lab draws, monthly trips to Omaha and a 2 month steroid taper. Joy! As for daily life, she said that I could continue to do whatever I feel up to doing - right after I get my flu shot tomorrow!
As always, I can't thank everyone enough for the prayers, words of encouragement and support.

"I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!” ~Psalm 27:13, 14
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17