Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Renewed focus

Thank you for all your prayers! As has always been the case, God once again proved faithful and has given my heart peace over the current situation. The CCS retreat couldn't have come at a better time. Getting away and sharing with friends helped me regain my focus and put things in perspective. God continues to protect me and make His presence known. The theme of the weekend was “Free to Choose” - and for me that meant that I have the choice to trust in God's infinite wisdom or dwell on what I think is best for me. Once again, it felt like my daily devotional on Saturday had been hand-picked for me: “Even when God's plans at first sight seem to portend nothing but disaster, we have to see things with supernatural vision. There is a higher plane of existence which we do not fully appreciate. That ominous turn of events will perhaps serve as the necessary shadow in a beautiful work of art. After all, is not God's wisdom infinitely greater than our own?”
I am in a much better state of mind than I was Friday (even though today the doctor told me my PFT's look like those of a 70 year old man that's been smoking since he was 2). She also said that based on those, she couldn't tell me what was going on or if there was a treatment. They need to do some more tests so today I had a CT and tomorrow I'll have a bronchoscopy. We should have results by Thursday but I'm kind-of wishing that I wouldn't get them until after my trip to Boston.
“I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.” ~Isaiah 46:4
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17