Thursday, October 13, 2011

And now to the lungs...

I don’t have a ton of information, but figured I’d send out what I know to get the prayer train in motion! The pathology from the lung biopsies showed inflammation which is pretty non-specific so they’ll send the slides to Nebraska for a second opinion. But, the CT scan show constrictive bronchiolitis which can be a response to all the treatments – they aren’t sure of the severity or of the exact type but said that it tends to be tough to control and doesn’t respond well to treatments. Dr Vose has restarted all my medications including some extra steroids and I’ll be heading up to Omaha end of next week to see her. Not a great report, but as a good friend reminded me earlier this week, God doesn’t listen to the medical community and laughs at the “impossible”. He’s brought me through a lot of trials despite the odds and will not stop supporting me now. Please pray that once again God will show his mighty hand, give the doctor’s wisdom, give me peace to trust in His care, and that through it all, He will be glorified!
“For surely I know the plans I have for you says the Lord,.. plans for a hope and a future”
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17