Tuesday, November 15, 2011

All I need

This morning while I was getting ready to head to Omaha, I read this in my devotional, “And today God is saying to you, 'I will be all you need!' Now you know that God is able, but don't you sometimes wonder if He's willing? Simply having a revelation of God's ability is not enough; you must also believe that He will, in order to put a solid foundation under your faith...God may not answer your prayer in the way you think he should or when you think he should, but if you trust Him He will answer in the way that's best for you.” It was a great reminder for me that despite all the craziness, and regardless of what Dr. Vose had to say, God is in control and that's where peace can be found.
Overall, news from Omaha was good. Labs are stable, no free air was visible on the chest X-ray, (they didn't look specifically at the abdomen), recheck of my lung functions showed slight improvement (from 40% to 48%) - doesn't sound like much, but it's better than getting worse and just means I'll be short of breath for a while longer. Dr. Vose stopped a couple meds (yea!) and said she'd see me in a month to do it all again. They all seemed relieved to see a healthy-appearing patient. Do I like the fact that I'm on a restricted diet, can't breathe and get winded going up a flight of stairs? No, I hate it. I'd much rather be at the gym, competing in sports leagues and regaining all the strength that has disappeared over the past 2 years. But, I'm not going to dwell on that – Last week we prayed for a miracle, that I wouldn't need surgery, and I believe we received that. I might think I know what's best, but God knows what's best and I need to give Him time to work. He's all I need and the one thing I always go to sleep knowing is that he will never leave my side.

“God shall supply all you need” ~Php 4:19
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17