Sunday, November 27, 2011

Oh, How Thankful!!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope that everyone had a nice weekend with plenty of time to relax and reflect on how blessed we all are – for our health, the food on our tables, the roof over our head, the freedom to live in this country... Every day I wake up and thank God for another day and pray that I serve him well, but on holidays, it seems all the more “eye-opening”. It doesn't seem possible that it's been almost 2 years since I started this wild journey and I am so thankful to be sitting here blogging about it. It's not uncommon to hear people say, “you never know when you're time will come” but I don't think they really believe that they're going to get hit by a car or pass away any time soon- the statement doesn't change the way they live. But for me, that's been a legitimate reality – I don't know if this will be my last Thanksgiving or Christmas. So this weekend, I am especially thankful for my health, my colon :), for my returning strength. Thankful not just for the food on my table, but the ability to eat it. Thankful not only for a warm bed to sleep in, but the ability to sleep, not just for a job, but for my ability to go to work and enjoy it. Thankful for the opportunities to help others. Thankful for all the friends and family that continue to surround and support me. And top on my list, I am thankful for our Lord – the one who is true to his promises, never leaves my side, gives me a peace beyond all understanding, gives me strength and courage when I have none and who is faithful, even when I am not.
“Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits – who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.” ~ Psalm 103:2-3
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17