Monday, May 30, 2011

Faith or Worry

A quick update, I guess 4 weeks is the threshold for symptoms to persist before we are forced to take action. Since the loss of appetite and nausea refuse to go away, Tuesday morning I’m going to St Joe hospital for another EGD to rule out GVHD. The procedure itself should be pretty routine and quick, but it will probably be a week before we get results. I read somewhere that worry and faith can not co-exist so I’m trying very hard to not let my mind fall into the “what if” spiral. That only leads to worry and doubt and loss of sleep – none of which helps the situation. I have a lot of big tests over the next 9 days and to be honest, it's quite nerve racking. The results will have such a huge impact on my life. I plead and pray for good news – that I'm still in remission, that I'm not falling back into rejection, that all the treatments haven't left me with osteoporosis or other organ damage. The closer I get to the anniversary of my transplant, the more I realize how much easier it is to just not know. God has blessed me with peace through so many trials, I know that He won't leave me alone now. And am confident that my family, friends, and supporters around the country will continue to stand by my side whatever the future holds.

“Blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank with roots that reach deep in the water.” Jer. 17: 7-8
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17