Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 325 - tired of waiting

Well it’s day 325, next week I head back to Omaha for my monthly check-in with Dr. Vose. I’m feeling pretty good. Last week I had a few days where I didn’t feel the best and rejection thoughts crossed my mind, but I think I just over-did it a bit and am feeling better this week. Praise God – I don’t know that I could mentally or physically handle another round with GVHD right now. Labs looked stable this week (platelets are still frustratingly low) and the pesky CMV virus is not detectable again – 2 weeks in a row! I’m really hoping that next week Dr Vose will give me the “OK” to do yard work since my white count has been stable. Probably sounds crazy to most of you, but I really miss mowing the yard, cleaning out the flower beds and planting the annuals. Something therapeutic about it, especially in the spring. I guess I’ve survived for 15 months and can wait a little longer if needed. (But I don’t like it). If I’m honest, there are several things that I’m really “missing” that come with the sunshine and nice weather. Over the coming weeks or months, I’m afraid those things might be harder to deal with than not being able to mow.

“And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.” ~ Hebrews 12: 1-3
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17