Tuesday, May 24, 2011

True Image

Status hasn’t changed much in the past week – which could be viewed as a very good thing or a frustrating thing. I’m going to take the positive outlook in that I’m not writing this from a hospital room in Omaha! I still have days when I don’t feel very good but that only happens a couple times a week and on the others I just don’t have much of an appetite. My labs looked good yesterday but I was really hoping to break triple digits on my platelet count – 98 last week, 98 again this week. (150-400 is normal) Guess the office will have to wait another week for celebratory brownies! ;) Anyway, since I don’t have anything exciting to report, I’ll share a little tid bit of information that I recently heard. “Veronica” means “true image” and if you’ll recall, Veronica is who wiped Jesus’ face while he was carrying the cross and an image of Christ’s face was left on the cloth. I have not done the research to see if “Veronica” meant “true image” before Christ or only after the crucifixion. But in any case, a good reminder that we need to allow Christ to make a lasting impression on our lives. “Bad stuff” definitely leaves its impression, but hopefully God’s impression is deeper!
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17