Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Woo-Hoo, I can mow again!

I'm headed home from Omaha after another successfully uneventful visit with Dr. Vose. My labs are stable, platelets still low. She's continuing to decrease my meds – I'm stopping the last of the steroids and if the CMV is negative again this week I'll get to stop the anti-viral which should allow my platelet count to start increasing. (But I do have to restart the potassium – ughh). So, nothing too exciting EXCEPT that she gave me the go-ahead to working in the yard again! I know most of you are wondering why I'm excited about that, but there's something therapeutic about yardwork and it's another step toward feeling normal again! I guess I'm presuming that my legs are going to hold out and allow me to successfully complete the job – it won't be nearly as rewarding if I can't actually do it. I'm not really worried about that – might take me twice as long as it did 2 years ago, but I'll finish it – you can put your money on that. Just like you can still count on us winning this battle and continuing to see God glorified every step of the way. Next big landmark is quickly approaching with the 1 year anniversary of my transplant. Let the countdown begin to June 14th! (I figure I'll get to mow the yard at least 4 times between now and then :))
 
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his Love, He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zeph 3:17